I am coding like usual, haven't click anything I don't know. Then suddenly I got an error

"Could not find type 'LFRv2.AdminTabEdit'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built."

LFRv2 is my Application
AdminTabEdit is my Usercontrol

I can no longer access my main form in my project in designer mode. This is one of the dozen errors I got, as if my controls magically disappeared.

This happened to my twice already(the first one where I clicked the clean solutions accident), the last time I resolved the problem by clicking the rebuild solution and build solution for the ten thousand time.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

In order to write against an external component/control, your project must first contain a reference to it.

In order to write against an external component/control, your project must first contain a reference to it.

That was the suggestion that the MSDN gave me, "if it is already built then try adding reference". Unfortunately I've try adding reference but the name of the control cannot be located on all tabs of the add reference window.

------

Whenever I try to rebuild the solution, the output window shows this;

------ Rebuild All started: Project: LFRv2, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
C:\Users\*****\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\LFRv2\LFRv2\*****.vb(38) : error BC30469: Reference to a non-shared member requires an object reference.
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

It seems that the errors are specific to a Usercontrol named 'ProfTabAdd'.

I've fixed it. It seems that there was a re-build error with one of my usercontrols.

I removed all "With" statements calling to the said usercontrol.
Then I rebuild it

Went back in order

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.