Hello daniweb. I'm working on a Poker Holdem Application and I'm trying to work on a view/jframe for it. Everything was running smoothly until something weird happened.

After deleting an old hand-coded MainFrame which extends JFrame file, I tried to create a new MainFrame/JFrame file but this time using netbeans gui-builder (which will save me some time). However, after making the gui-builder jframe extended file, I found that I couldnt init the gui.

In the Main file I have this:

public static void main(String[] args)  {
        // TODO code application logic here

PokerFrame f = new PokerFrame();
System.out.println("The class is..." + f.getClass());

}

With PokerFrame being the gui-builder's jframe extended file.

But this won't execute for some reason. As I run the Main file, the PokerFrame object is created as proven by some extra code but I don't see a window pop up anywhere on my screen. And when I run the actual PokerFrame file, the window pops up like it should.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea behind this project-destroying bug. I've worked with gui-builder before during school and never had this kind of problem.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You may just be missing a call to setVisible().

thanx dude. yet another stupid mistake corrected by daniweb.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.