wiseguy12851 0 Newbie Poster

I've written this Hello World Software with much help in assembly using emu8086 emulator, I'm at chapter 5 of "The Art of Assembly" book and before I continue I need to be able to make this program bootable since I can't very well distribute emulated and virtual software.

I haven't used a floppy drive since the late 90's and I don't plan to use one since no stores around here have any, Virtual floppy drives have never worked in Windows Vista even under administrator mode not including the fact that my program is most likely going to grow over 2 MB.

For over 4 day's I have been searching for a way to get this file onto a CD or just an ISO file for that matter. The emulator / compiler generates a bin (binary) file which I don't know how to copy onto the first sector.

I tried to open is HEX Editor and pad it to 512 bytes with 00 and the boot signature at the end renamed to .bif but Magic ISO could not import so I tried using IMGburn renamed to .img but it needed it to be 1048 bytes or something like that so after padding some more it said it was formatted wrong, there's got to be an easier way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.