How do i do that when
Button5 is pressed it will add 3600 to the textbox1
and if button4 will add 1800

cuz when i do press the button 5 textbox says 3600 its ok but when i press button4 the 3600 change to 1800 i want it to add like

3600 + 1800 so if both are clicked it will be 5400
or 1800 + 3600 = 5400

please help ^^ i give reputation point for help

everytime im trying to do it it add it like this

never add just put :S

Got it ^^

Private Sub Button5_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button5.Click
        TextBox1.Text = +(TextBox1.Text + 3600)
    End Sub

Private Sub Button4_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button4.Click
        TextBox1.Text = +(TextBox1.Text + 1800)
    End Sub

Textbox must have 1 number atleast like 0 then when you click it it will add

The problem is that your trying to perform calculations on text values. You need to convert the text values to a numeric datatype. Even your last post would show as an error if you turned Option Strict & Option Explicit On.

'Convert the existing textbox value to an Int before calculating
'Convert the final answer back to a string for storage in a textbox

TextBox1.Text = CStr(CInt(TextBox1.Text) + 1800)

everytime im trying to do it it add it like this

never add just put :S

This is an example of concatenating two strings rather then calculating two numeric values

This is an example of concatenating two strings rather then calculating two numeric values

yeah thank you but i already make it work,
but anyways thanks for posting it for others users.

and yup keep goin putting

all the codes in code xD so un-register user can't read it i think so they have to register ... ^^

nvm they still can read it nobbie me im still new in this forum lol

Again because it is managing to overlook the error(s) and do the calculation anyway does not change the fact that you still have unseen errors.

If you type the below at the very top of your code form you will see the errors.

Option Strict On
Option Explicit On

'This is still a text being added to a number and then 
'forcing the resulting number to be displayed back as text

TextBox1.Text = +(TextBox1.Text + 1800)

Much better coding standards would be to convert the values to there proper datatypes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.