I have tried to do some Major C++ project with big failure as result. This produced great heart ache that made me recoil from doing further C++ projects. Here is the partial list of my failure:
simple encoder with lame_enc.dll, simple CD Ripper with akrip32.dll, simple database manager with wxSqlite3.....et al

Although there may be other reasons, I think my major failure was how to setup things in those projects. And may how to combine things like .lib, .a, .dll (.so?) etc.

Here is my request, since I might be only one of those many newbees that have encountered this, that you expert (whatever level of expertness) help us to show step by step how to setup practical project with libraries, may be picking a practical C++ DLL and show it up.

A moderator can made a sticky or just reply on this thread. I hope I will not give up the whole C++ beast :(

Thanks buddies :)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Although there may be other reasons, I think my major failure was how to setup things in those projects. And may how to combine things like .lib, .a, .dll (.so?) etc.
[.....]
that you expert (whatever level of expertness) help us to show step by step how to setup practical project with libraries, may be picking a practical C++ DLL and show it up.

wxWidgets has very good tutorials for setting up projects with all major IDE's on their website.

Most libraries will have demo-projects on their website, like boost
Or IDE-specific installs, like OGRE

wxWidgets has very good tutorials for setting up projects with all major IDE's on their website.

Yep! I have never had problems with standard wxWidget library, but rather additions like wxSQLite3

Most libraries will have demo-projects on their website, like boost
Or IDE-specific installs, like OGRE

True, but many don't. So I would like to know how to setup such libraries like lame_enc.dll or akrip32.dll

polite BUMP :)

Polite reference to google. :)
The third hit looks like a promising tutorial for LAME

Thanks niek_e,
I'm going to devour that right now :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.