For some reasons I'm getting no data populating in my crystal report. I have set the datasourse of my crystal report to the dataset. I filled my dataset with data straight from the database. My dataset is not empty, I always check it first before populating data to the my report. I built my crystal report off the wzard and I did add crystal report viewer. Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

When you created the report using the wizard, did you point it to a database or directly to your typed dataset (.xsd file)? Im wondering if the report is somehow attempting to pull the data from the db rather then use the dataset set being passed to it. Either way I cant really tell without some examples to see exactly what you have done.


i can't help u until i see wat u've done...but here's a link... i had the same problem in crystal reports and i searched alot and found this tutorial on msdn and it worked.. just follow the steps accurately.. it won't take time...

best ov luk


i had the same problem in populating data in crystal reports... but i was using here's a link of page... just follow the steps in the tutorial accurately... it shows method of binding crystal reports with an object , and IReader... my problem was solved by IReader method so better try that one first...

Best ov luk :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, learning, and sharing knowledge.