What I need to do is using classes, design an online address book to keep track of the names, address, phone numbers, and birthdays of family members. The program should be able to handle a maximum of 500 entries.

a. Define the class Address that can store a street address, city, state, and zip code. Use the appropriate methods to print and store in the address. Also, use constructors to automatically initialize the data members.

b. Define the class ExtPerson using the class Person, the class Date, and the class Address. Add a data member to this class to classify the person as a family member, friend, or business associate. Also add a data member to store the phone number. Add (or override) methods to print and store the appropriate information. Use constructors to automatically initialize the data members.

I don't even know where to begin, so any help would be useful. Thank you in advance.

sulthana commented: also facing the same problem!!!! +0

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You should look up classes in Java, their methods, and constructors. I'll give you a basic implementation of the Address class in order to get you started. What I have here is an Address class, with all of the variables you mentioned, and a constructor (the method with the same name as the class) to initialize those variables. This should give you an idea on how to make classes and constructors. Also, read this: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/javaOO/index.html

Good luck.

class Address{
   String address;
   String city;
   String state;
   int zip;

Address(String address, String city,String state, int zip){
      this.address = address;
      this.city = city;
      this.state = state;
      this.zip = zip;
   }
}

Hello, did you finish your address book or do u still need help? If you havent finished show me the code you did till now? and if u finished can u also post the code here, i would like to check out what you did. cuz i did an address book as a project for my programming course last year. Good luck! :)

hello, how if i want to save and get back the names/phone/address i entered,. how can i do that? please help me asap thankss

hello frds
i m new in this site n i want to start programming in java so what i need for java programming. i mean what software i need to install n how i start from begning n pls suggest me any free only training or free ebook

thank u

Okay. First, you need to read the rules:

We strive to be a community geared towards the professional. We strongly encourage all posts to be in full-sentence English. Please do not use "leet" speak or "chatroom" speak.

Do not piggyback threads (aka "hijack" threads) by posting your question as a reply to another question.

Then you can read the "Read Me: Starting java" thread that is permanently stuck at the top of this forum.

If you have further questions after that, you can start a new thread for them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.