can anyone here write me a program which takes data from my parallel port (at address 0x378) every 1 second and saves it to a .txt document somewhere on my computer. I wanted this in c++ or c or any other programming language that i can instantly use or compile.
Thanks

can anyone here write me a program which takes data from my parallel port (at address 0x378) every 1 second and saves it to a .txt document somewhere on my computer. I wanted this in c++ or c or any other programming language that i can instantly use or compile.
Thanks

Hi,

You've probably hit the wrong place. If you're looking for people to "write a program" for you, then try something like www.rentacoder.com

Over here, you shall be given help and guidance such that you write the program yourself.

And reading on a port exactly once per second can be done only on an RTOS. Windows may add or subtract a few milliseconds. But you haven't even mentioned which platform are you on and what programming language are you going to use (if *you* are going to write it).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.