I am very new to C++ and have written only basic algorithms. In school we use turbo c++ compiler but now i have to attend a workshop for which I need to be able to use a gnu compiler and I do not know how to change my programs for it. I tried to google it but was not very successful. There are few things i want to know in particular:
- if I can't use <conio.h>, what do i do if I want to use a function like clrscr()?
- what is namespace?(i read about this but didn't understand it:()
- If i want to use void main() instead of int main(), if i can't use getch(), then what do i do?
- Is the syntax for structures in turbo c++ and a gcc based compiler the same?
- If i am using int main(), is it not necessary to end it with return 0?
- Out of the following list, which are the header files that i can use in a gcc based compiler:
and in which of them should i drop out the .h?which of them can i use wtih a little modification?
- should it be <math>,<ctype>,<time> or <cmath>,<cctype><ctime>?
what is the difference?
please respond asap...it's sort of urgent