Hey respected users and developers,
I am a newbie to this pool of c...
I am just 14 yrs old..
Plz send me free link to plearn pointers in c..
i hav downloaded many books but all of tem are useless..
The language used in the book is so difficult tat i cud'nt understand tat..
plz guyz send me the link of some simple books on pointers.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Here, this is a pointer

>>The language used in the book is so difficult tat i cud'nt understand tat..

Sounds like you are not yet quite read to study pointers. Yes, pointers can get very very messy and complicated very quickly. My suggestion for you is to stick the the simple pointers -- those with only one * -- practice writing programs with them until you understand these one start pointers thoroughly.

You can create pointers with as many stars as possible -- there really is no limit to the number of stars. But practically anything beyond three stars is very rare, and very difficult to comprehend. One and two stars is the most common.

Also remember that most of those ebooks were written by people with Ph.D. and written for college level students (18 years and older).

You could've posted a list of books you didn't find useful.

You can try this

You should take it slow while studying this book

>>The language used in the book is so difficult tat i cud'nt understand tat..

Sounds like you are not yet quite read to study pointers. Yes, pointers can get very very messy and complicated very quickly. My suggestion for you is to stick the the simple pointers -- those with only one * -- practice writing programs with them until you understand these one start pointers thoroughly.

You can create pointers with as many stars as possible -- there really is no limit to the number of stars. But practically anything beyond three stars is very rare, and very difficult to comprehend. One and two stars is the most common.

Also remember that most of those ebooks were written by people with Ph.D. and written for college level students (18 years and older).

Sir,
can u suggest me any ebook easy and simple for me

You could've posted a list of books you didn't find useful.

You can try this

You should take it slow while studying this book

Sir,
I hav already tried this book...
Any other...
plz..

Ebooks I dont find interesting:-
1.C for Dummies[ I hav read this whole book This is where i started my journey of C]..
But it does not tell us about pointers.
2. C progamming tutorial.
3. Tutorial on pointers.

plz guyz temme a simple ebook...
rely i need tem..
i m stuck in between pointers..

This forum is closed i guess.

I'm really sorry you've wasted an entire 15 minutes waiting for your personal help. Next time let us know when you're going to log in and we'll make sure everyone is here just for you.

Closed -- sheesh! There's just nobody here that has any suggestions for you at the moment. Do you honestly think that people are sitting here just waiting for you to post your question? Get real, kid. We have lives and this is all voluntary for us. Check other threads and see the times between posts.

Can't your teacher(if any) solve the problems that you are facing in pointers?
If you have none, experiment with pointers. You'll learn a lot.
You can post your doubts here but don't expect instant answers.

I'm really sorry you've wasted an entire 15 minutes waiting for your personal help. Next time let us know when you're going to log in and we'll make sure everyone is here just for you.

Closed -- sheesh! There's just nobody here that has any suggestions for you at the moment. Do you honestly think that people are sitting here just waiting for you to post your question? Get real, kid. We have lives and this is all voluntary for us. Check other threads and see the times between posts.

Sir,
I was talking to Aia Postaholic's post ..
See the second post..
if u click on the link the website says forum closed..
kk.
U hav mis intercepted my post..
sorry users.. and masters...
sorry if i hav done anything wrong..

Thread closed means no one can post on it anymore, it doesn't say anything about the forum. Aia just wanted you to read the information that was there.

You haven't done any irreparable damage (at least not in my book) but it considered quite rude to "bump" your thread up and especially so after such a short amount of time in between. The wonderful thing about the reaches of DaniWeb (and the internet in general) is that the person who solves your problem may not even be awake yet.

Meanwhile, I would look for individual sites that have material that you think is pertinent rather than looking for a monolithic tutorial that has everything you need. You might want to look at some of Narue's tutorials (http://www.eternallyconfuzzled.com/tuts/languages/jsw_tut_pointers.aspx) there's some information there that's only pertinent to C++ but it's quite clearly marked as such.

commented: Outstanding. +8
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.