Hi, I need help with this program here. I want to print an isosceles triangle. But, I keep ending up with this here where they are being spaced:
Here is my code for it:

int num = 10;
		int i;
		int k;
		int j;

for(i = 1; i <= num; i++) 
		{
			for(k = num; k >= i; k--)
			{
				System.out.print(" ");
			}

for(j = 1; j <= i; j++) 
			{
				System.out.print("*");
				System.out.print(" ");
			}

System.out.println();
		}

Even when I remove the "System.out.print(" ");" in the third for loop,

for(j = 1; j <= i; j++) 
			{
				System.out.print("*");
				System.out.print(" ");
			}

it would end up like this:
So can anyone help me on this? Thanks.
(Note: Sorry if I didn't draw the triangles correctly. This is my first time doing this)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

whats the problem? this code already prints an isosceles triangle?

whats the problem? this code already prints an isosceles triangle?

sorry... now I see that you are complaining about spaces...

your are incrementing the asteriks one by one in every line.. if you dont want spaces, then you should go with 1-3-5-7-9... asteriks on each line....

sorry... now I see that you are complaining about spaces...

your are incrementing the asteriks one by one in every line.. if you dont want spaces, then you should go with 1-3-5-7-9... asterisk on each line....

Nevermind, I sort of did read the directions of the homework my professor has given us incorrectly. It's suppose to have spaces separating them and I sort of miss reading that part lol. In my professor's website, he forgot to put spaces in that triangle he wanted us to do and I just assumed that he wanted to make it without any spaces :p. Anyways, thanks for your help though and I did what you said and that works too. I apologize for this and again thanks. :)

Nevermind, I sort of did read the directions of the homework my professor has given us incorrectly. It's suppose to have spaces separating them and I sort of miss reading that part lol. In my professor's website, he forgot to put spaces in that triangle he wanted us to do and I just assumed that he wanted to make it without any spaces :p. Anyways, thanks for your help though and I did what you said and that works too. I apologize for this and again thanks. :)

oh teachers... :)

oh teachers... :)

lol. Yeah, I know. Drove me crazy over the weekend. XD

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.