L - 1
P - 1
R - 3
S - 1
Space - 2

Please reply ASAP, thank you very much

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

No, we don't do homework or any work for others. Read the rules in the announcement at the top of the forum.

No, we don't do homework or any work for others. Read the rules in the announcement at the top of the forum.

Ok dude thanks. I'll read the rules here. Sorry for the bad post.

Output:

Enter name: Ferrial P. Esber

A - 1
B - 1
E - 2
F - 1
I - 1
L - 1
P - 1
R - 3
S - 1
Space - 2

Please reply ASAP, thank you very much

I can. It's easy.

One day you will look at it and say the same if you actually spend the time to learn such things. You never will if you ask the internet to do your homework though.

If you post what you have so far and ask some specific questions, perhaps someone here can help.

What is this program actually suppose to do? Its pretty ambiguous to me

It's supposed to output that text to screen I assume.
That's quite simple :)

Wait actually i think it counts the total number of the letters and spaces in the string. For example, there are like 2 spaces etc etc.
Is this right?

Wait actually i think it counts the total number of the letters and spaces in the string. For example, there are like 2 spaces etc etc.
Is this right?

Never read more in the specs than they state. The specs state to output that text to screen, so that's what you write.
What the author of the specs intended has nothing to do with that, if they signed off on that document, that's what they get unless they pay extra.

Never read more in the specs than they state. The specs state to output that text to screen, so that's what you write.
What the author of the specs intended has nothing to do with that, if they signed off on that document, that's what they get unless they pay extra.

That is a valuable lesson to all programmers out there.
In real world Katana24, you have no idea how much context is missing when a programmer tries to understand the requirements that a non programmer has written. Half of them cannot be done and the other half mean the exactly opposite.

And to Tarli14: Look at the API for the String class and post some code. Otherwise the solution you will get is this:

System.out.println("Enter name: Ferrial P. Esber");
System.out.println();
System.out.println("A - 1\nB - 1\nE - 2\nF - 1\nI - 1\nL - 1\nP - 1\nR - 3\nS - 1\nSpace - 2");
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.