Hallo! I am a running a program, using the OmniORB and I have included the include path in VC++ directory, but I get the following error:

1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'C:\Program Files\omniORB\4.1.4\\include': Permission denied

I am the administrator on my PC and I have all access rights. Actually I am able to open the header files I want to use, but still I am getting the error!

Please help. Any solution?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

check if it is in read only mode or opened in another application.

Thanks for the reply, but I have checked and it seems it is ok, not opened in another application neither read only.

I have tried following the instructions on the website and done everything the way it is explained, but still the error is coming up. Any furthere suggestions on how to fix this error.

I have tried following the instructions on the website and done everything the way it is explained, but still the error is coming up. Any furthere suggestions on how to fix this error.

1. Path is screwed up with either spaces and/or slashes going the wrong way or being interpreted or not interpreted as an escape character.
  2. Admin Permissions. You say you're checked this.
  3. Read/Write permissions. You say you've checked this.
  4. File exists. You say you've checked this.
  5. Typos.

I'm banking on #1.

Cannot open source file: 'C:\Program Files\omniORB\4.1.4\\include': Permission denied

This looks like a directory, but it's calling it a file. And you have an extra slash there before "include", it seems. Maybe you have a backslash that is intended as an escape character, but is being interpreted as literal. Or you have one too many escape slashes. But you have one slash before everything else and two there.

Thanks for you responses. The double backlashes seem to be the problem. I now need to figure out on how to get rid of the "\\"

I have worked on resetting the path, and one backlash is gone, but the error is still there. Any further suggestions on how to eliminate the error? I am using omniORB 4.1.4 and VC++ 2008.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.