This is what I have to do and I am so confused I do not even know what to do. Please help. Thank you

Write a program that generates an Employee Payroll Report. The input for the program consists of a collection of data containing the last name, hourly pay rate, and the number of hours worked, for a set of employees. The output of the program is a report conforming to the sample layout found in DOC: Your program should perform the following tasks: Repeatedly prompt the user to determine whether or not there is data pertaining to an employee to be input. (Program should work for 0 or more employees.) If the user responds in the affirmative, the program prompts for each of the input data items for a single employee; the user responds in the negative when there is no more employee data to be processed. For each employee you are to compute the number of overtime hours worked by that employee, the salary, and the overtime pay. An employee earns straight time for the first forty hours of work, time-and-a-half for up to the first 10 hours in excess of 40 hours, and double-time for any additional hours. One report detail line should be generated for each employee. The report should include heading lines, column headings, and "footer" line as shown in the layout document. Data: Name Hours Hourly Rate Clinton 35.0 15.75 Rodham 52.5 17.50 McDougal 40.0 14.00 Starr 50.0 14.00 Lewinsky 43.2 12.25 EMPLOYEE PAYROLL REPORT - SPRING 2004 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HOURLY OVERTIME OVERTIME TOTAL NAME RATE HOURS HOURS SALARY SALARY --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- XXXXXXXXXX…X 999.99 99.9 99.9 99999.99 99999.99 XXXXXXXXXX…X 999.99 99.9 99.9 99999.99 99999.99 ß ß ß ß ß ß XXXXXXXXXX…X 999.99 99.9 99.9 99999.99 99999.99 TOTALS: 999.9 999.9 99999.9 99999.9 # OF EMPLOYEES: 999 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In designing your program, use functions as needed. Make sure to document your program.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

My eyes are bleeding. I can't comprehend this wall of text. I think you want us to do your homework for you (which won't happen), but I can't tell.....

I dont want the homework done for me I just dont understand exactly what needs to be made into a function or how many functions there should be. I just need some guidance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.