Hi All,

I have 2 picturebox in vb6. Both of them has the same dimension and the slightly different picture.

they are house plans, one for the ground floor and another one for the upper floor.

I want to overlay them. But how can I do it?
If I am using paintpicture to put the 1 picture on top of the other, the below picture is covered because the top picture is not transparent.

what can I do?
Any idea how to do it?

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Time to use your friends (yahoo, google, ask, answers, bing) and search for vb6 mask color, as I believe you will need to make the second graphic only show the information. Or you mignt want to search on vb6 transparent picture box if that effect does not accomplish what you want. Then again, you could search on vb6 bitblt API or in help the paintpicture function and click on see also to select rasterop constants...

Good Luck

Time to use your friends (yahoo, google, ask, answers, bing) and search for vb6 mask color, as I believe you will need to make the second graphic only show the information. Or you mignt want to search on vb6 transparent picture box if that effect does not accomplish what you want. Then again, you could search on vb6 bitblt API or in help the paintpicture function and click on see also to select rasterop constants...

Good Luck

that's plenty. thanks as always vb5prgmr, you are really my lecturer in real life

that's plenty. thanks as always vb5prgmr, you are really my lecturer in real life

hi, sorry to ask again.
I want to make the second image a bit lighter than the first image.
so when I overlay them, I can clearly see, which one is the first, and which one is the second.

Since the original picture has the same color, so paintpicture just return the same blackness. do you have any clue to deal with it?

thanks as always

Yes, use GDI+ (friends time again) vb6 gdi alpha, vb6 gdi briteness...

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.