Hi everybody,
I was given a free choice for a project to complete for my class. We have been working in HTML, 3D Max, Flash and C# / SQL Databases this year, so I chose C#, which is by far my favourite thing to work in. However, due to numerous problems with viruses and such, I am unable to install SQL Manager, so I must connect my C# application to an Access Database.
I was thinking something like a Database of all students in a school, and each of them are defined by name, last name, gender, year, class and a preffered subject. Than, a C# application would make querries from the Database. For example, there are two radio buttons. One of them will mark all males, the other one all females. You select male button, and click the button "Search", and then the program writes all data the base has on every male student. On a simillar note, you can also have 4 radio buttons, and each of then marks a year. So, you select Male, and 3rd year, and the program writes all data the base has on every male student who is currently 3rd year.
Can this be done? I would really appriciate if you could give me some code lines, or examples or something. Keep in mind I'm pretty much a newbie, though.
Thanks in advance.

Hi everybody,
I was given a free choice for a project to complete for my class. We have been working in HTML, 3D Max, Flash and C# / SQL Databases this year, so I chose C#, which is by far my favourite thing to work in. However, due to numerous problems with viruses and such, I am unable to install SQL Manager, so I must connect my C# application to an Access Database.
I was thinking something like a Database of all students in a school, and each of them are defined by name, last name, gender, year, class and a preffered subject. Than, a C# application would make querries from the Database. For example, there are two radio buttons. One of them will mark all males, the other one all females. You select male button, and click the button "Search", and then the program writes all data the base has on every male student. On a simillar note, you can also have 4 radio buttons, and each of then marks a year. So, you select Male, and 3rd year, and the program writes all data the base has on every male student who is currently 3rd year.
Can this be done? I would really appriciate if you could give me some code lines, or examples or something. Keep in mind I'm pretty much a newbie, though.
Thanks in advance.

Hello

From what I gather this sounds like this should be a peace of cake. :)
To Connect to a Access database just follow this walkthrough: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171893%28v=VS.80%29.aspx
I would prefer CheckBoxes instead of RadioButtons, but that's just me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.