Hi,

I recently started programming in c# and I was wondering: How am I able to create a "builder program"?

For example:

I have a windows application with some strings that have to be customised by every person, I would like to have a GUI apart from it that allows the person to enter their values for such strings in textboxes, they can create build and it creates an EXE with the windows application with their settings being saved in strings.

Greetings

Joel

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

>I recently started programming in c# and I was wondering: How am I able to create a "builder program"?

Good thinking. You need more practices. I am sure you will be a good programmer.

There is a lot for you to learn in C#. I guess you need to start with simple application first rather than to jump to some advance programming . Learn the fundamental first and the language capabilities for you to properly design your applications.

May be this will help you, Search SharpDevelop. It is an opensource IDE for .net. Read its code specially on the part of "build" since you're aiming to create something like it.

I hope to give you some directions and even enough for you to start your dream app.

commented: Good advice. +9

Why do you need to create a builder app to do that? Could you not just use user configuration settings. (Properties.Settings in a forms app)

Why do you need to create a builder app to do that? Could you not just use user configuration settings. (Properties.Settings in a forms app)

It's not a form app, it's a terminal based application.
All I need is how to make the config class the strings in there should be able to be changed by the text boxes and compile the config with the other code i have by a click of a button.

Thanks for the help, but that isn't exactly what im looking for.

More something like this:

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/69kl6h.png[/IMG]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.