Hi,

I'm trying to get a python script to automatically start at boot up in xubuntu. The idea is for the python - tk-inter window to pop up just after boot up and start its routine.

I have tried including the path in the application auto start, modifying bash commands, making it executable and editing & incuding it in rc.local files. but it dosent seem to work.

Any ideas? Any help/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
AD

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by awn

thanks a lot for that link tonyjv. i shall try out that tutorial straight away.

The idea is for the python - tk-inter window to pop up just after boot up and start its routine.

There is no GUI until X is started so no Tkinter (you may be able to use TCL or Curses depending on when you run it), so you should add the program to ~/.xinitrc or to the ~/xfce startup script. I use fluxbox so am not sure what the startup script is

Edited by woooee: n/a

There is no GUI until X is started so no Tkinter (you may be able to use TCL or Curses depending on when you run it), so you should add the program to ~/.xinitrc or to the ~/xfce startup script. I use fluxbox so am not sure what the startup script is

thanks for that. Yes that is correct. i included in the xfce startup script and the rc.d start up registry and that fixed the problem.

thanks for your help Woooee

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.