Hi,

I'm trying to get a python script to automatically start at boot up in xubuntu. The idea is for the python - tk-inter window to pop up just after boot up and start its routine.

I have tried including the path in the application auto start, modifying bash commands, making it executable and editing & incuding it in rc.local files. but it dosent seem to work.

Any ideas? Any help/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
AD

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

thanks a lot for that link tonyjv. i shall try out that tutorial straight away.

The idea is for the python - tk-inter window to pop up just after boot up and start its routine.

There is no GUI until X is started so no Tkinter (you may be able to use TCL or Curses depending on when you run it), so you should add the program to ~/.xinitrc or to the ~/xfce startup script. I use fluxbox so am not sure what the startup script is

There is no GUI until X is started so no Tkinter (you may be able to use TCL or Curses depending on when you run it), so you should add the program to ~/.xinitrc or to the ~/xfce startup script. I use fluxbox so am not sure what the startup script is

thanks for that. Yes that is correct. i included in the xfce startup script and the rc.d start up registry and that fixed the problem.

thanks for your help Woooee

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.