Okay, so I understand this C# program I was given to analyze, and now I am being told that I need to convert the entire program into C++, just my luck.

So there are several features that at the moment I do not understand how to convert over.
If there is someplace where I can find all of these solution pieces I would deeply appreciated it.

using namespace System

I cant seem to get this to work, i tried importing the following to make this available, but i ran into an error and according to this error it is not supported at the moment...

#using <mscorlib.dll>

Next:

internal class UserFeedback
    {
        public static void Error(Exception e)
        {

How do i do an internal class in C++? i read something about public private: but i am not really sure....

public static void class XXXXXXX

I assume I can convert this to

public:
            static void class XXXXXXX

instead, getting some answers on these things would be a great help to me and a good start, especially the system error I am running into, I am trying to access the Console commands. Any help is appreciated :)

>using namespace System
Just add a semicolon and you should be solid:

using namespace System;

How do i do an internal class in C++?

The private keyword at class level has the same semantics as internal in C#:

private ref class UserFeedback {
public:
    static void Error(Exception^ e)
    {
    }
};

Still can't get the

using namespace System;

to work, like i said above I am having issues with the following which i read online is the issue:

#using <mscorlib.dll>

Ty for the fast response :)

Are you compiling with the /clr switch?

I am compiling it within the program itself and not using the cmd prompt version, so how would i work with the /clr switch? I could not seem to find that online, I am sorry for my dumb questions but I am coming to you after about 2-3 hrs worth of web searching on these dumb issues.

Also when I did the private ref class UserFeedback I am getting an error about no declaration coming after private. Ty for all of your help.

Wait, are you using the command line to compile or are you using Visual Studio?

Project -> Properties -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> General -> Common Language Run Time Support. Set it to /clr.

New error, helped fix some of the problems though

Command line error D8016: '/ZI' and '/clr' command-line options are incompatible.

So turn /ZI off. It's the option immediately above /clr. You can set it to /Zi, that's compatible.

When i do that now i get Command line error D8016: '/clr' and '/Gm' command-line options are incompatible (I don't see /gm on this same menu)

Then I changed it to gm- when i found it, and now having issue with /EHS. THere must be a common issue going on here....

Under C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Enable Minimal Rebuild. Or you could search for it and actually learn how to do this stuff on your own.

Ok well i went through each of those errors, and turned them all off, finally got it to attempt a compiliation.

Getting an error link code

MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup
C:\Users\Public\Documents\AOC Source\C++\AoE2Wide\Debug\AoE2Wide.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved complaint

Here is the code that I have so far:

AoE2Wide.cpp

#include "stdafx.h"

namespace AoE2Wide
{
    int main()
    {
        return 0;
    }
};

UserFeedback.cpp

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <iostream>
#include <mscorlib.dll>

using namespace System;

namespace AoE2Wide
{
    private ref class UserFeedback
    {
    public:
        static void Error(Exception^ e)
        { 
        }
    };
};

The main function is still at the top lexical level. Don't nest it in a namespace.

Ok, all fixed up, will just have to work my way through all the pieces of this C# code now that the CLR support is working properly. Thank you very much Narue :)