i do need some help related to combox:

1) m making my project and in that have used combox for selecting various options and had inserted the item , suppose i had entered MBA, BCA, MCA, B.E.
in the begging i have used database to enter marks per semester(i.e. upto 8th sem) now my problem arises that some have courses for 3 year(means upto 6th sem) some have courses for 4 year(upto 8th sem) how to disable the text boxes which have course upto 3 year only or less.
2)how to restrict the marks to be entered upto 100

Do help me with relevant code.thnx in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi anku123,
For your combobox related problem see my attached help. And for your second question I would suggest the following code.

'checks if txtMark is between 0 and 100
If txtMark > 100 Or txtMark < 0 Then
'displays message
MsgBox "Marks should be between 0 and 100, please type again.", vbOKOnly, "Invalid Entry"
'clears data in txtMark
txtMark = ""
'set focus to txtMark
txtMark.SetFocus
Else
End If

Hope this helps

If you are keeping the data of various courses in a Master you can keep the number of semesters with the Name as below
Course_Name Course_Sems
M.C.A 6
M.B.A 4
B.C.A 2
B.E. 8 Likewise....

Now depending upon the no. of sems you can ENABLED = TRUE OR FALSE the Marks Text Box

Try it ... Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.