The code bellow is a sql querry, made in code. I would like to know how to do such stored procedure:

string[] NameSeperated = FullName.Split(' ');
string querryName = @"SELECT StudentID FROM Students WHERE Name = @name";
if (NameSeperated.Length > 1)
    querryName += " AND LastName = @lastName";

using (SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(querryName, sqlConn))
{
    cmd.Parameters.Add("@name", SqlDbType.VarChar, 50).Value = NameSeperated[0].Trim();
    if (NameSeperated.Length == 2)
        cmd.Parameters.Add("@lastName", SqlDbType.VarChar, 50).Value = NameSeperated[1].Trim();
    else if (NameSeperated.Length == 3)
        cmd.Parameters.Add("@lastName", SqlDbType.VarChar, 50).Value = NameSeperated[1].Trim() + " " + NameSeperated[2].Trim();
}

Recommended Answers

hey Mitja do you have created procedure for that. first create the procedure and then write your code as per below for as per the DMl query.

SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection("");//give your connection string to open the connection
            con.Open();
            SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("proc_new_test",con);//proc_new_test is my …
Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

hey Mitja do you have created procedure for that. first create the procedure and then write your code as per below for as per the DMl query.

SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection("");//give your connection string to open the connection
            con.Open();
            SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("proc_new_test",con);//proc_new_test is my sp name
            cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
            cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@id", "8");// passing the value for that
            cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@name", "rajesh");
//you can pass your parameter like textbox and all that
            cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@mobile", "7894561");
            cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@total", "7000");
            cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
            con.Close();

Thats what I want to do. I would like to create a procedure from that upper querry.
But I do not know how to do it.
Here I`d need some help.

which upper query tell me briefly what do you want then i can help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.