LevyDee 2 Posting Whiz in Training

So to accept multiple clients, I am dynamically accepting them, but so that I can handle them(data transfer etc...) I wrote a linked list which so far works fine. I can broadcast a message to all clients fine by looping through my list and SEND->client, fairly standard. But when a client disconnects from the server, the function OnClose is automatically called. When I accept new clients, I set an ID using the SetSockOpt function. So my algo will loop through my list until the ID is found of the closeing socket, so that I can close that connection(required, otherwise server crashes).

void ClientList::CloseCon(int SockID)
{
	client *find;

find = head;

for(int i = 0; i < counterVar; i++)
	{
		if(find->ID == SockID)
		{
			find->CLIENT.Close();			
		}
		else
		{
			find = find->link;
		}

}

}

My problem, is that it is crashing when I try to create my pointer and set it to the head of the list. CXX0030: Error: expression cannot be evaluated(My head local variable).

So if anyone know's whats up or understands what I am trying to do, please help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.