also, Camel, from my experience, it will be easier to have networking then to make a decent AI. Good AI's are hard, often they turn out to be too good or too bad. It is hard to hit the middle. (the question is if you know the perfect algorithm how do you make computer to make mistakes, if you know a bad algorithm how do you make the computer make good choices?)
Ilya

Designing and programming games require a lot of expertise, people go to university and get lots of degrees and still cant produce any entertaining games. Meanwhile you can create entertainment gaming packs with game maker (free). (games like pacman ....)

This is a very old thread now, and I notice that the original poster - Thamior - hasn't been active on the site for over six months. Would be interesting to know if he ever got off the ground with this.

I hope it wasn't just another "hey let's create a game" craze all of us programmers go through.

it prob was

I remember in high school, every person that was enrolled in computer science, wanted to become a game programmer. The only two that didn't were the only two girls in the class. I guess it's a guy thing.

I remember in high school, every person that was enrolled in computer science, wanted to become a game programmer. The only two that didn't were the only two girls in the class. I guess it's a guy thing

gagagahahahaha

Huh? What does that have to do with what I said?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.