I would like to take value for say cell K1 and compare it to all data in L1 to L25 then if K1 = L12 I want it to take the data from P12 and paste it in D1 then move on to the next one. Compare K2 to all of L1 to L25 then say K2 = L23 I want the value from P23 to be copied to cell D2 and so on. Is there a way to do this??

I guess the best way to describe this would be to tell you what I am doing. I am running a valve list report which gives me the line size, line class and valve type.
What I have done is grouped these into a single cell to in column L for each valve. So say L1 would be A120.75"Ball valve and L2 would be B84"Gate valve. I want these values in L to compare to the list of comprables in M. If there is no match I want it to skip it and move on to the next one. However say L1 (A120.75"Ball valve) is equal to M52 then I want the value that is in Q52 (which is my commodity code) to be copied into cell G1. Then I want it to move to the next one so L2 (B84"Gate valve) is equal to M267 then I want Q267 to be copied into cell G2 and move to the next one L3 and so on and so forth until it has done this for all values in the L column.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.