I am a new student using MS Visual C# 2008 Express Edition. I am trying to run an example from my textbook. The VS new console application creates the following code and I add the new code as per my comment below:

I get the following error twice:

Error   1   The type or namespace name 'Drawing' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)  C:\Users\thomasj\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\ConsoleApplication1\Program.cs    12  20  ConsoleApplication1

So I add using System.Drawing to the name space list and I get the same eror as above not twice but 3 times:

Any help would be appreciated!!

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;

namespace ConsoleApplication1
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
/ My new code
            System.Drawing.Point p = new System.Drawing.Point(20, 30);
        }
    }
}
using System.Drawing;

should work assuming that you have a properly installed Visual Studio suite. There is the off chance that you may have to install the SDK for it (like you used to have to do sometimes for VS 2005 Express). If this is the case you should be able to find the VS 2008 SDK on the microsoft site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.