can anyone help me make a C program code that will open an image file? i'm using C language and GUI/glade3 alongside it. to help you visualize it, i want to type the image filename in a text view entry and when i click a button (Load for example) the image will be opened and seen in the Image widget of Glade. thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Explain a little more about your problem. Post your effort. Its then you will get help.

i want to type the filename of the image (a jpeg for example) in the text view entry and when i click a button (Load for example) the image must be displayed in the Image widget.

we were first tasked to open a txt file and overwrite its contents using C and GUI and i was able to do this problem; the opening of this image file is a bonus problem (because it hasn't been taught to us yet) so i admit i have very little idea on how to do it. some advice and help will be greatly appreciated. i especially want to know the functions i ought to use. thanks!

PS: my program code for the txt file if you wanna see it is in our laboratory, i don't have a copy of it here in my own PC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.