I'm a computer graduate, working on java programming since an year.I'm just writing programs all the time and didnot get a chance to implement any of the engineering practices that I have studied at college.
Now I've got a month free time and tell me some interesting things I could work myself in software engineering.
I'm interested in computer networking, software testing, UML and software engineering fields.
I wanted to write (and publish) research papers... pls guide me how to.
ThanQ

There is nothing to say here, you just said you finished Software Engineering, you have been playing around with code for a year, Create a project on your own, I am making a custom game engine in Java, full networking, if you are VERY interested in networking, try and write a network library for an MMORPG, were there is one master server. If you are EVEN more motivated, do this ALONG with 3d vertices and write a 3d game engine in Java. Do whatever man, there should be a ton of ideas flowing around in your mind, the computer can do anything you tell it to do, just think hard :D.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.