I have 4 buttons on my smart device form and I am trying to put elements of a string array in to my buttons as button text.

string[] str1 = new string[8] { "aaa", "sss", "ddd", "dff", "fddd", "ffggg", "bbbb", "gggd" ,"shehs"};

there is up and down buttons below the for main button on form load i want to show first 4 array elements as button text ("aaa", "sss", "ddd", "dff" ) and when i click the down button it should show me the next 4 elements of the string array ("fddd", "ffggg", "bbbb", "gggd") and then the last array element("shehs") and then back to the first 4 array elements. I would really apreciate it if some one would lend me a hand.

You could extract all the needed strings from your main string array and put them in a new string array. This would simplify things I guess.
I write it out here to explain it to you, but you should use some sort of loop for this.

newStr[0] = str1[0] + str1[1] + str1[2] + str1[3];
newStr[1] = str1[4] + str1[5] + str1[6] + str1[7];
newStr[2] = str1[8];

You could extract all the needed strings from your main string array and put them in a new string array. This would simplify things I guess.
I write it out here to explain it to you, but you should use some sort of loop for this.

newStr[0] = str1[0] + str1[1] + str1[2] + str1[3];
newStr[1] = str1[4] + str1[5] + str1[6] + str1[7];
newStr[2] = str1[8];

Thanks for your help ddanbe I will try an use this on my app.

How can I connect to a SQL server(not SQL Compact Edition)Database from my Smart device. I am a bit stuck on this because the connection string does not seem to work it gives me a (Null reference error) I checked the SQLcommand text and that was working properly as well

This is the code I used

This is the connection string that was shown to me when I added the database connection and I tested the connection and it worked fine but still the data set is Null

string sConnection = "Data Source=SOFTSERVER;Initial Catalog=Resmanagement;User ID=sa;Password=thadiya";

This is the connection string i used earlier with the IP address and the Port on the server which I am connected to with a network.

string sConnection = "Data Source=192.168.1.1,1433;Initial Catalog=Resmanagement;User ID=sa;Password=thadiya;";

SqlConnection sqlceconn = new SqlConnection(sConnection);

SqlCommand command = sqlceconn.CreateCommand();

command.CommandText = "Select CashierName from REF_Cashiers";

SqlDataAdapter adapter = new SqlDataAdapter(command);

DataSet ds = new DataSet();

even though there is one record in the table it still shows this error.
is there any thing to do in addition when using smart devices apps.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.