Member Avatar for jtaylor-bye

Evening all.

I have decided to try my hand at programming in python. I have tried some of the tutorials on the web but none of them really hold my interest for long.

I am looking for a tutorial that covers all the basics and goes quite indepth. All the while enabling me to build something that may be usefull. Instead of a tuorial for this bit and another tutorial for that bit whic doesn't have any bearing on the previous one.

Any advice?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

This is a recurrent question in this forum: use the search form at the top of the page.
Otherwise, read 'dive into python' online. You can also read the more than 200 entries in the thread 'starting python' above, and the same number of posts in 'projects for the beginner': the best way to learn is to write small programs yourself.

If you are a complete newbie to programming, (i.e. you can't explain things like object, function, argument etc.) Read Think Python. It's a great book for introduction to not only python, but programming in general; otherwise read Dive into python, which is a bit advanced.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.