Hello,

I'm capturing frame from cameras devices using V4L, but now I have to capture from IP Cameras, and I don't know how to start it.

Please, can anybody tell me how can I do it, some API or something like that?!

Thanks!!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I'm not sure how much I can help. Aren't IP cameras just using UDP or TCP? The IP camera should come with some demo application (usually running on a web browser) that will start the camera, allow you to set up the settings, and display the live stream. They should also come with a driver (usually in C or C++, or a DLL/.so) to use it. If not, check the data sheet or programmer's manual or whatever documentation they have on the company website and you should find what commands do what and how to receive the video streaming. So your program will need to connect to the server (IP camera) with just a normal internet connection but to some local IP address and then send/receive packets as specified by the company. There may be some generic tools / libraries for dealing with IP cameras, but I don't know any and when I had to deal with an IP camera, the provided software was good enough for my purposes. Your best bet is to contact consumer support at the company after searching their website thoroughly for the proper manuals.

mike,
Thanks for your help, I found a lib that do HttpRequest in c++ called cURLpp, it works fine, and I'm already saving my frames, but now I'll try to find a way to improve the capture time.

Thanks so much.

Man please,

The request is returning me a MIME "multipart/x-mixed-replace", with multiples images content like:

--header
Content-Type: image/jpeg
Content-Length: <image size>

<JPEG image data>
--header

<JPEG image data>
--header

<JPEG image data>

I need to save each image in separated files, is there some lib that works with MIME?!

Thanks.

hun,
this "multipart/x-mixed-replace" is the MJPEG, I have to decode it and save, I tried the libmpeg2 but when I use the examples with a MJPEG movie the convertions is not good.

Do you know some good lib to decode MJPEG?

Thanks.

can anyone give me the source code for capturing vidoe from ip camera using vc++.

Hi, I'm working over capturing image from camera and trying to interprate it, so when I'll move ahead I should be able to post some examples...

Hi,

Video, streaming media data, and even capture is easily done (at least on the Linux platform) using the gstreamer framework. It's very easy to use.

Please visit http://www.gstreamer.net/

If any one give me source for getting a snapshot from dlink ip camera using VC++.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.