how to became as an efficient in c programming

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Read code, write code, read any literature on C you can find. There's no magic bullet, just hard work.

And don't expect to do it overnight -- for some people it might take months or years.

you should first clear all the fundamentals with data types of C.

#include<stdio.h>
#include<conoi.h>
void main()
{
printf("YOUR NAME");
getch();
}

//output: YOUR NAME

@brp003: The code you posted is a very good reason why you should NOT attept to learn C solely from the internet. There are lots of bad programming styles out there and what you posted is one of them.

Its int main()

i would just like to comment on the codes that was posted..

i think it's..

#include<stdio.h>
main()
{
clrscr();
printf("YOUR NAME");
}

>>i think it's..

Wrong. Where do you guys learn to program -- from a box of Craker Jacks ?

how come?
i've already programmed it in turbo c and it works. :(

Turbo C huh? HaHaHaHaHa. What os is your computer running? MS-DOS 6.X or maybe Windows 95? If yes, then you don't really have any other choice because none of the modern compilers will run on those operating systems.

Why did I say your program is wrong? Just read my previous post from yesterday.

commented: Couldn't agree more with everything he had written in that topic +1

Pick up a book. K.N. King's C Programming: A Modern Approach and K&R's The C Programming Language are the best you can get (unfortunately, at least compared to C++, and I won't even compare the materials available to C#'s). Or you could have a look over Bruce Eckel's Thinking in C, which is a free audio-video seminar, or Thinking in C++. The latter has a full chapter (3, if I remember correctly) dedicated to C, entitled (couldn't forget this one) "The C in C++".

As for the tools, I strongly suggest Vim (cross-platform) and GCC (or MinGW if you're running Windows and are not particularly fond of CYGWIN). If you don't want to interact with the compiler directly, or learn Vim, you can always go for an IDE. On Windows, Code::Blocks is my choice, as it does not require you to create a new project in order to write and compile a file. It is available for OS X as well, but trust me, it sucks. On OS X, go for Apple's own Xcode. It does require a project, but it's one of the most hassle-free IDEs for OS X. On Linux I don't have that much experience, but people seem to be fond of Rhide.

Now feel free to troll any of the information above. xD

I'm learning C myself, very much a new student on this, and I know that it's
int main();

From what I've learned so far, there is certain.. syntaxs.. standards... to follow. Not everyone will agree maybe, but C for Dummies All in One Reference is a good, laymen terms book that'll start you off in C. Even though it shows you a lot, it should get you started and then you need to use the knowledge you pick up. There are only a few erros I've run into, but it was more to do with the fact i was using linux vs it would have been fine on windows. hope that helps some more as far as resources/references. ciao~

If conio.h appears in the book (windows-dependant), it is not a good book. My $0.2.

commented: Yes. +33

i'm using windows 7 now.. how's that? hehe. :)

>>i'm using windows 7 now.. how's that?

You are doing yourself a disservice because you are cheating yourself out of an education. Turbo C compiler was created over 20 years ago (1987 to be exact), long before any of the current C standards were even though of (1989). It was a great compiler in its day, but has been dead for many years now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.