I used QB in the early 90's, but I seem to have forgotten most of what I knew then. I have just installed QB 4.5 on XP and I get QB in a short 640 wide window that's too small to work in. I've set the pif to "maximum", but the window stays at 640.

How can I get QB on a full screen?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Something to the effect of...

LEFT CLICK on the upper-left corner of the window...
on the pop-up menu, select Properties...
on the dialog, CLICK the Screen tab...
CLICK the "Full-screen" radio button...
"Apply" button....
"OK" button...

that is it...

I have the same problem. I have tried what you suggested but all I get is a blank screen, no signal input to my monitor. I have to ctr-alt-del to regain my desktop and then right-click QBASIC in the taskbar to exit.

I also get the same situation with "SCREEN 12". Because of this problem, I've pretty much ignored an graphics commands in the tutorials I've been learning from.

Solutions? Ideas?

I operate WINXP Pro on a fairly up to date computer. I use an NVidea GForce FX 5900 graphics card with updated drivers, the signal flowing to an older Hitachi 21" monitor in good repair.

Using the default PIF settings, once you open the program in a window all you have to do is hit

<alt> + <enter>

and it will switch to full screen mode.

Now, if you have changed the default settings for the command windows, you will need to recreate the desktop icon, or set the properties back to the default.

One other issue with this could be the display adapter that powers the monitor. Depending on the importance of the application, you can uninstall the adapter and use the windows default adapter. THIS PROCESS ALSO WORKS WITH WINDOWS VISTA!

said someone 18 months later, with the person originally asking the question long gone and never been back...

True, true...

Jwenting and others that object to adding to old threads don't seem to understand that more people than just the original poster might be interested in the topic of the thread. In today's googlefied web, a thread lives forever. As long as people have information to add to the thread I don't see why anyone should object. I am googling this thread in 2010, three years after jwenting objected to adding anything to it, and it answered my question and was helpful to me. What's wrong with that?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.