Please help me to solve these 3 problems:

1- write a program that prompts a user for a file name of an existing file that contains 10 lines of student names. next the program reads the file name reads the contents of the file byte by byte and writes them to an new output file.
========================

2- write a program that prompts a user for a file name of an existing file that contains 10 records where the length of each record is 12 characters. next the program seeks to the beginning of the 6th record, reads the records in the file and append them to the end of an existing output file that contains 3 records.
========================

3- write a program to read a series of 10 names, one per line, from a standard input, and write out those names to file1, then:
a- the program reads the content of file1 from end to beginning (reverse order) byte by byte and writes them to file2.
b- the program reads the content of file 2 from end to beginning (reverse order) byte by byte and writes them to the standard output.

thank u. and hope to help me.

Ketsuekiame commented: Daniweb is not Rent-A-Coder. +0

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Your posting your homework questions?

Show some effort of what you've done yourself, then tell us what you're stuck on, then tell us what you've tried in an attempt to solve the issue and then you will probably get help from the community =)

Dear gerard4143,
Yes it is a home work for my sister. and I'm trying to help her with the right code.
Thank you.

I'm not sure I believe you, but if you aren't sure where to start, you could start by reading the documentation on std::fstream

If you aren't allowed to use STL in your homework, read about these functions instead:
fscanf()
fgets()
fgetc()
fread()

Good luck! If you want more help you'll have to at least post an attempt to solve it yourself.

Dear gerard4143,
Yes it is a home work for my sister. and I'm trying to help her with the right code.
Thank you.

Make her do her own homework. How does either of you expect to learn if you don't even try to do it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.