Hello All,

It an urgent requirement.

How can I use Google API for windows application.
I am using visual studio 2010.
and downloaded API and added the reference also.

but on coding there is some translate client occurs and it requires some site.

I just want to translate the text.

Please reply
Thanks
Antony

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The Google Translate API is a web service. I don't know the URL but a quick Google should solve that for you.

The Google Translate API is a web service. I don't know the URL but a quick Google should solve that for you.

Thanks for reply.

please read the problem carefully. and answer.........

Thanks.

I did. I answered it with the information you need. Googling for the information, like I said, would have got you what you required.

It is not *your* website that is required. It is the website of the Google Translate Web Service. The code you downloaded is a simple wrapper which hides the web service access code from you.

Still needs to know the address though (as it changes depending on the languages you want to translate to/from)

This is actually stated in the documentation for the API you downloaded.

I did. I answered it with the information you need. Googling for the information, like I said, would have got you what you required.

It is not *your* website that is required. It is the website of the Google Translate Web Service. The code you downloaded is a simple wrapper which hides the web service access code from you.

Still needs to know the address though (as it changes depending on the languages you want to translate to/from)

This is actually stated in the documentation for the API you downloaded.

Hello Brother.

if Googling is the answer u have. Then thank u very much.
Think if one can get the details till translateclient, he might be known of something about googling.
I put this thread here for technical support, so I mentioned which version I am using. and I downloaded API from google site itself, so its obvious , that I know about the google service support also.

Thank u
Antony

I used the api version 1.0
and changed the framework from 4.0 client profile to 4.0 in visual studio 2010.

solution-> properties -> framework.
change 4.0 client profile to 4.0

add reference dll.

use simple code:

string str = Google.Api.translate.translator.Translate("string",google.api.translate.language.'languagefrom', google.api.translate.language.'languageto')
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.