Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by poseidon32

sorry but i cant,because it dosent want to open at all,i just click on media player and nothing,like any other program when i click it open,just the media player no...

any luck with that? if so please mark "solved"
if not, let us know so we can think of the next step(s)..

u give me a link to reinstall windows vista yes,this is the last thing what i want to do,i have the recovery cd 4windows but this it will be the last solution,so if there is another way to fix it it will be good...thank you

poseidon, no - that link is for downloading and re-installing Windows Media Player 11 only. Please try that and see if it fixes your WMP11 issue. No one ever said that you need to re-install Windows ;)

download the one for winxp , try installing it .it might not work with vista,it will tell you if that the case

Edited by caperjack: n/a

no,it cant be done,it say that is older version of media player...no good

cant find a download for vista,but maybe try turning it off[or check to make ure it set as the default player ] ,reboot computer and turn it back on .

how to turn it off .

You cannot uninstall Windows Media Player, just can turn off it.

1. Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Navigate to Media Feature, uncheck Windows Media Player.

It's not recommended to turn off Windows Media Player on your computer. but just for a brief period will be all right

i did what u say but in Windows Features i dont have Media Player,its not there....

i did what u say but in Windows Features i dont have Media Player,its not there....

hi, not sure if its a typo on your part but its media features,not windows features ,see #2 in my other post ,so what was shows in media features when you looked

that weird why vista has no uninstall or shutdown,i just checked other laptop here running vista.
did you try click all the icons for wmp,like going to start/ all programs / and click on the icon for it there .

do you have any music on your computer ,what happens if you click on a song,what open to play the song

i play music on my computer and i use real player,i have also quick time player...i dont know how this hapend ...i try to contact microsoft but my PIDproduct id its not valid,my vist is original not fake..and i dont know why not accept...

i play music on my computer and i use real player,i have also quick time player...i dont know how this hapend ...i try to contact microsoft but my PIDproduct id its not valid,my vist is original not fake..and i dont know why not accept...

the product id thing just doesn't happen by itself,possible virus, possible you had windows reloaded by a computer repair shop that used cracked version of windows . as for wmp ,could be virus releated also

i scan all my computer,there is no virus...im thinking to use the recovery cd ,maibe it will work,not that i need windows media player so much,just to be ok..

keep your morals and your illiteracy to yourself,FYI im not an english speaker.i put the post in case i could get some help,if u want to help,help if not bye bye :)

i scan all my computer,there is no virus...im thinking to use the recovery cd ,maibe it will work,not that i need windows media player so much,just to be ok..

just thought ,instead trying the recovery cd ,lets try system file recovery ,it may replace a corrupt file .it also may ask for the windows cd
go to start ,run ,type in "sfc /scannow" without the " and there is space between the c and the /

it comes only a command prompt for a second and nothing else

ok ,in run type in CMD ,when the command prompt open type the sfc /scannow ,hit enter

"you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility " what do i do with this?

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.