I want to learn Java completely but how to start in basic to advance
Helps needed

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Start by creating a hello world application =]

Then, extend that app to create an array filled with output.

Loop through the array and display each elements in those indexes.

Then, create multiple classes to enable you to create objects of those classes.

You can search google for tutorial sites. There you can learn step by step java programming (w/ examples). You can also downlaod pdf's.

http://www.roseindia.net/java/

first try to develop simple program that you have done another language. then try to solve more complex problem.take help from online tutorial.
roseindia.net is best place for learning java byself

first try to develop simple program that you have done another language. then try to solve more complex problem.take help from online tutorial.
roseindia.net is best place for learning java byself

you might want to read the post previous to your own

is there any lecture videos. Through i can learn

I have watched about 0.1% of this series, but it seems like it could be good:
Derek Banas Java Video Tutorial

There is also this site where they expect you to buy a subscription, but what I have seen of their videos hasn't shown me where the money goes. You can try the free videos and use your own judgment, but I wouldn't recommend buying anything. Java isn't a complex technical thing that you can't learn without paying someone to teach you.
http://www.educator.com/computer-science/java/hillstrom/

I agree with @bguild. I'm still in basic training, but I'm not going to go take any e-courses or whatever. There's a ton of sites that have good information, tutorials, and/or example code for free. Personally, I also found some Java books at garage sales for around $0.50-$2.00. They may be a little dated, but the fundamentals are still applicable. Another way is to try to run code you see on this forum and truly understand what is happening in it. If you can understand the specifics of each program you play with, it will help you write your own unique code.

If you learn yourself, it will take long time. So better you can join a best java training institute. Before joining into any institute, you have enquire about the quality and syllabus from that institute.

JulieEdward: this post is over two years old. I'm pretty sure that if the OP started (even if on his/her own) (s)he will have some decent understanding of the language already.

There are tons of site online which help you learn java you may search but i would suggest first try to have concept of c/c++, if you already have some try learning java.

I suggest Heber schildt book for java - best to start for beginners.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.