Below has the source code to the program Im writing... anyway I want to do this... I want to be able to include a file from the project in my executable... Example: If I put the program on a different computer, I want it to able to open a file that came with it... *sigh* not sure how to explain it well but Ill try again...

My program has a custom registry file I made... I have the entire program in a folder on my desktop but In order for the program to run the registry file, I have to give it the location of it... I dont want to do that, I want to have the .exe file include the registry file merged into it like a zip folder sorta and then to use the registry file when the .exe is ran. In other words, I dont want to point the program to the registry file on the desktop (I want the program Independant) so If I put it on a different computer, itll be able to use the file... I basically want all my included files in the .exe kinda like how an installer uses its own files inside itself and loads it onto a computer?

Im using Dev C++

#define _WIN32_WINNT	0x0500
#define _WIN32_IE		0x0500
#include <Windows.h>
#include <lm.h>
#include <assert.h>
#include <iostream>
#include <winuser.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <fstream>
#include <algorithm>
#include <shlobj.h>
#include <direct.h>
#include <windows.h>
#include <Shellapi.h>
#include <cstdlib>
#pragma comment(lib, "Netapi32.lib")

using namespace std;
int x,y,z;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    cout<<"Welcome to The Avast Patcher Beta... Some Parts are manually done! \n";
    cout<<"For CPU Speed Reasons, the browser will begin downloading a file in 20 Seconds!\n";
    cout<<"During the following Operations DO NOT TOUCH THE MOUSE/TRACKPAD!!\n";
    cout<<"Opening Default Browser and Downloading Torrent = Avast Pro AV 5.677\n";
    cout<<"Download Will begin 10 seconds after the browser has opened\n";
    cout<<"Dont touch the mouse!\n";

HINSTANCE r = ShellExecute(NULL, "open", "Link", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL);
          keybd_event(VK_RETURN, 0, 0, 0);
          keybd_event(VK_RETURN, 0, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0);
          keybd_event(VK_RETURN, 0, 0, 0);
          keybd_event(VK_RETURN, 0, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0);
          Sleep(2000);                                           //Wait for program to start, Confirm download, Open with uTorrent.
          cout<<"AntiVirus Is downloading.. In the mean while uninstall any versions of Avast\n";
          cout<<"Do NOT restart the computer after uninstalling any previous versions!\n";
          system("AvastPatcher/RunOnce.reg");    //Add program to registry to Run Once on Reboot! THIS IS THE PART I WANNA REPLACE BECAUSE THE OTHER COMPUTER WILL NOT HAVE THIS FILE!
          cout<<"Press Enter ONLY when Avast is FINISHED DOWNLOADING!\n";

if (VK_RETURN)
                                 system("shutdown -r");
    return EXIT_SUCCESS;

Edited by triumphost: n/a

7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ancient Dragon

when you copy your exe file to another computer copy the registry file to the same location.

Then you can progably change system("AvastPatcher/RunOnce.reg"); to just system("RunOnce.reg");

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.