How do you, as programmers react when Microsoft is making big demonstrations of his next big Operating System " Windows Vista" and is asking you all to come and develop for his platform. I mean take a look at the videos here:

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/pdc2005.asp

and tell me how you feel. Me am currently using WinXP and C++Builder6 to develop my programs. On one side, when i watch these videos, I think that C++Builder is not good enough for mee and i need high ends tools like VS2005 and Windows Vista, but on the otherhand, I feel that:

"IT IS NOT THE LANGUAGE, NOT THE TOOL, NOT THE PLATFORM, BUT THE CODER THAT MAKES GOOD PROGRAMS"
Mahen 20005

I fail to see whats so special about vista. I have checked out the beta. All the things I was looking forward to didnt make it in. Its not that much different from XP. What have the microsoft programmers been doing all this time. XP came out in what 2001? so thats 4 years for a whole team of programmers who already have the xp source to come up with a steaming pile of c**p.
As for development tools im happy with comeau and MSVC 7.1 and rarely mingw. I stopped using borland after about version 4, about the same time I stopped using Delphi. I havent had much time to play with the MSVC8 beta.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.