python.org tell people to forget about python 2 and head into python 3, but many 3rd party module do not support python 3 at all.
For example, python 3 only ship with a tkinter gui module which does not have great reputation. If I am to use python 3, I have no choice but to use tkinter.

Is python.org want to kill python?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I suggest that you start contributing to the porting of other gui toolkits to python 3 !

wxWidgets does not support Python 3 (yet), so for me it's a deal breaker. I'm quite happy with Python 2.6, no need to switch to 3 at the moment.

python.org tell people to forget about python 2 and head into python 3.

No they do not.

For example, python 3 only ship with a tkinter gui module which does not have great reputation. If I am to use python 3, I have no choice but to use tkinter.

No,you have not PyQT and PyGTK has been portet to python 3,so plase uppdate yourself.
We had many thread about python 2 or 3 her on daniweb
To make it simple python is python,have both installed and learn what the diffrence are.
Then there is no problem to switch back and fourth.
One therad that was about this recently.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread324004.html

Why upgrade if 2x does the job fine.

good things come to those who wait. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.