Simply we can say, command line argument is that argument which is passed to Main method.
static void Main(string args)
for (int i = 0; i < args.Length; i++)
Console.Write(args[i] + " ");
1. start visual studio and create new project.
2. Go to Project menu and select the properties. Located in last(last option)
3. select Debug tab in next screen.
4. now you can see Command line arguments: option within Start option. Here you can pass your argument.
i already attached two image snapshot.
and second method is using command prompt.
1. open command prompt of visual studio.
2. go to the file location by using cd foldername command.
3. compile your project by using csc filename.cs
4. now type the filename, give one space and then type your argument and hit enter.