I'm programming with c & C++.Usually i'm programming in Codeblocks IDE.Sometimes i'm using Fedora(Linux) too.Plz can anybody tell me is there any difference between those two programming environments?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Code::Blocks is an IDE that can be used on both MS-Windows and *nix, while Fedora is an operating system.

Thank you for your respose.But i mean,are there any other facilities & extra header files in Fedora than IDEs?

Of course there are other files/folders. The os contains thousands of them.

I suspect you have a failure to communicate correctly. Is English not your first language?

Code::Blocks is an IDE that can be used on both MS-Windows and *nix, while Fedora is an operating system.

Thank you for your response.But i mean are there any extra facilities & extra header files can use in Fedora than IDEs.Because currently i'm programming with Codeblocks.Sometimes i use Fedora too.....

Of course there are other files/folders. The os contains thousands of them.

I suspect you have a failure to communicate correctly. Is English not your first language?

sorry.....response.....
English is not my first language......

Code::Blocks and Fedora are two completely different things -- Code::Blocks is an IDE that runs with Fedora. You can't use Code::Blocks without an operating system, whether its Fedora or some other *nix distribution. You can not compile programs with Fedora because Fedora is not a compiler.

Maybe you want to ask about the difference between g++, which is the default compiler for *nix, and Code::Blocks. There again, Code::Blocks is just an IDE, not a compiler, while g++ is a compiler and not an IDE. Code::Blocks calls g++ to compile the programs.

Code::Blocks and Fedora are two completely different things -- Code::Blocks is an IDE that runs with Fedora. You can't use Code::Blocks without an operating system, whether its Fedora or some other *nix distribution. You can not compile programs with Fedora because Fedora is not a compiler.

Maybe you want to ask about the difference between g++, which is the default compiler for *nix, and Code::Blocks. There again, Code::Blocks is just an IDE, not a compiler, while g++ is a compiler and not an IDE. Code::Blocks calls g++ to compile the programs.

Ok.........i got the idea.....thank you.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.