Hello all,

I am building a web application in python that prompts the user for a question that they want to have answered, then gives multiple answers by querying various Q&A sites (yahoo! answers, chacha, answerbag, etc). The problem is, I'm having trouble finding a significant number of APIs from these sites, other than the ones I just mentioned. Can anyone recommend any (free) APIs for Q&A sites? Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You could write a web scrapper and avoid the API's all together. Some sites will let you by-pass "user" status by useing googles spiders user agent.

You could write a web scrapper and avoid the API's all together. Some sites will let you by-pass "user" status by useing googles spiders user agent.

Yea, I'm kind of trying to avoid that right now considering screen scraping is a bit of a hairy thing.

Beautifulsoup or even regex could lighten the load. I think there is even an html parser in the standard lib.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.