Hey guys!
I'm planning on a private software, that I wish that have multiple pages, like a installer.
It will not be a installer or anything, and I don't want to use tabs on it (it doesn't fit to what I'm thinking.)

How can I do it? I've tought on multiple forms, but I don't see how can I load another form while I hide the current 'on-the-fly'.

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

A simple way is to "use a TabControl".

Try this in a New Project.
Add a Panel, place a TabControl inside the Panel, possibly at .Location(0,0), and add 2 Buttons to the Form.

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        TabControl1.Location = New Point(TabControl1.Location.X, -21) '// move TabControl1 to a .Location.Y where tabs are not visible.
        Button1.Text = "Previous" : Button2.Text = "Next"
    End Sub
    '// Previous.
    Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        If Not TabControl1.SelectedIndex = 0 Then TabControl1.SelectedIndex -= 1 '// Scroll Back thru tabs.
    End Sub
    '// Next.
    Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        If Not TabControl1.SelectedIndex = TabControl1.TabPages.Count - 1 Then TabControl1.SelectedIndex += 1 '// Scroll Forward thru tabs.
    End Sub
End Class

When the Form Loads, it moves the TabControl1 up. Doing so, the tabs are not visible.
..Having it moved up by code, allows you to edit the tabs as needed while working in .Designer.

A Complex way is to design your entire application to use Dynamic Controls and Add/Remove them as needed.

Let me know if this helps.:)

Dynamic Controls?

Sounds challenging... and interesting. I'll try your method, but I'll need a bunch of tabs them. :)

Can you or someone point me to somewhere I can learn about these dynamic controls? Thanks!

Check out this link for some information about Dynamic Controls.

I've read it, got the main idea and found it so hard. I'll keep with the tabs instead. (:

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.