Okay, so I'm working on this Application which will find it's way to the User's AppData folder and find a specific File .prefs File. It should then read that File and find specific Sentences/Names/Whatever pleases you. If it finds a Sentence/Name in that File which matches the one it's supposed to look for, it'll show on the Applications that it've been Completed.
A bit more Detailed;
1. The User clicks on Button1, located on the first Tab.
2. The Application finds it way to X:\Users\*Username*\Example Folder 1\Example.prefs.
3a. The Application then reads the Contents of the File.
3b. The Application searches for specific names, such as; "Example Name" and "Another Example".
4a. If the Application finds the Name, it'll mark it as Accomplished on the Tab it's located at.
4b. If the Application does not find the Name, it'll mark it as Unfinished on the Tab it's located it.
5. When the searching is done, the Progress Bar will be full.(Increments per Search done.)
Note: The Application consists of 1 "Main Row of Tabs" and 1 "Secondary Row of Tabs". The Main Row are 4 Tabs Total, the first one having no Sub-Tabs.
The Secondary Row of Tabs are 6 Tabs total on each Main Row Tab. Except for the First one, being the Tab with information about the Application.
The Obstacles to Overcome:
• I'm a Rookie when it comes to Programming. But have done Minor Programming with Python. Not so Experienced with VB, but very interested in learning it, currently am too, obviously.
• I can't figure out how to edit Text on my Tab(s). As this would be needed for the Application to show the Names and as well as changing the Status to either Accomplished or Unfinished.
• Figure out how to Read the .prefs File and search it's Content for Matches. (Where do I define/save the Names it should search for?
• Figure out how to make the ProgressBar increment per Search done. (I presume this is pretty straight forward using PerformStep, considering I know how to make the Application Search the Contents...?)
That's pretty much the first stuff I need to get running!
I'd appreciate any kind of Help. I have been Googling around and I did read quite a lot of Tutorials as well as a few Tutorials on YouTube. But neither were really of any help to get me Started with this. Guess I'll have to hope there are some Kind Souls out here in the Infinite. :)