Can anybody temme how to run a pop up window TSR program written in C .....

m unable to create .obj file of .c file.... TC showing ERROR like " TASM.exe not found" and "Linker error".......

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Why in the world do you need to create a TSR? Those are about twenty years obsolete, and pretty much only usable on a true DOS system.

jst wanna make a pop up notepad in C... so got to use so called TSR..............

do temme how to run it????????

What compiler and OS are you using?

m using Windows 7 and xp......

m compiling it in TCPP for vista(thtz C compiler) and TC.....

@narue:

Can u gimme ur id so tht i can mail u ma complete prog. so tht u can check... itz imp coz i m creating ma project on it...

Any help would be appreciated...........

My program doesn't contain any errors...u jst have to temme how can i run it....

m using Windows 7 and xp......

m compiling it in TCPP for vista(thtz C compiler) and TC.....

That's what I thought (ancient compiler and modern OS). TSRs are a kludge to get around MS-DOS's multi-tasking weaknesses. In Windows, I suspect you'll get all kinds of protection errors when trying to run one. Maybe if you explain exactly why you think you need a TSR ("pop up notepad" is not helpful), I can show you how to do it properly on Windows.

In terms of multi-tasking, the design of Windows is such that TSRs are unnecessary. If you want a background process, a Windows service is the correct solution.

Actuly that notepad is a part of my prjct... I can mail u d cmplete code wdout errors if u give me ur id... My id was SNIPPED

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.