hello, am trying to create a system that can grade a lecture according to his knowledge of subject, how he handle the class etc.....is there a way this can be implemented into a system...its the normal questionnaires on papers but i wanted to make a system from that...is it possible. also consider each question has about 5 options to choose from...strongly agree,agree,undecided,disagree and strongly disagree.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Sounds quite feasible to me. What's the problem? It'd be a bunch of radiobuttons and groupboxes, presumably.

Sounds quite feasible to me. What's the problem? It'd be a bunch of radiobuttons and groupboxes, presumably.

thanks...how would u generate a report at the end, for a particular instructor and how would you save each response into the database...there are like 30 qs...should i create a group box for each of the 30 qs.

thanks...how would u generate a report at the end, for a particular instructor and how would you save each response into the database...there are like 30 qs...should i create a group box for each of the 30 qs.

You can generate a report with either a total of all of the points (assume 5 for strongly agree on down to 1 for strongly disagree), or just a tally of each of strongly agree, agree, etc.

Are you talking about a SQL Server database or are you just talking about a text file that you can write out and read in again if necessary?

I think one group box for each set of 5 would be appropriate. I think there's a way to treat the radiobuttons in the groupbox so that only one can be selected at a time, but my memory is fuzzy on how to do it.

I think that your idea is perfectly feasible, so get some ideas down on paper/place some controls in the IDE and try some of the coding. You can always post your attempts and what you need help with.

You can generate a report with either a total of all of the points (assume 5 for strongly agree on down to 1 for strongly disagree), or just a tally of each of strongly agree, agree, etc.

Are you talking about a SQL Server database or are you just talking about a text file that you can write out and read in again if necessary?

I think one group box for each set of 5 would be appropriate. I think there's a way to treat the radiobuttons in the groupbox so that only one can be selected at a time, but my memory is fuzzy on how to do it.

I think that your idea is perfectly feasible, so get some ideas down on paper/place some controls in the IDE and try some of the coding. You can always post your attempts and what you need help with.

thanks...am using an SQL Server 2005. I am a newbie to radio buttons and group boxes so some useful links will highly be appreciated. major problem will be assigning values to the radio buttons....say strongly agree=5 and strongly disagree = 1.....thanks again

If you search around in this forum, you should find plenty of information on connecting to SQL Server.

http://www.java2s.com/Code/CSharp/GUI-Windows-Form/Radiobuttoncheckchangedevent.htm is a good example (the elements are added programmatically, but the ideas are the same. Google around and see which tutorials match your learning style.

This solution might be a bit kludgey, but you could label the radiobuttons 1-5 and read the label of the element that's selected.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.