I am currently trying to call a program from VB.Net that uses some command line switches. The following is the code I am using. The problems is that I get the error: "No application is associated with the specified file for this operation."

CODE:

Private Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click
Try
Dim wsh
wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wsh.Run(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory + "\GetSigw.exe /3 " + Directory.GetCurrentDirectory + "\SigAVA.bmp", 0, 1)
Catch ex As Exception
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message)

End Try
End Sub

Any help would much appreciated.

Thanks

Larry

Have you checked to see that directory.getcurrentdirectory is returning the proper path, or returning anything at all? Also, After some long hours of headache and painful study, Visal and I found that passing data to WSH's Run Method that contains spaces (in VB6, We Tried App.Path ) forces it to error, because it doesn't properly render the spaces. A Solution for you to look into is:

Dim myProcess As Process = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory + "\GetSigw.exe /3 " + Directory.GetCurrentDirectory + "\SigAVA.bmp")

or something similar and along those lines. The WSH's Run Method is great, if you can throw in a bunch of chr(34)'s around your directory.getcurrentdirectory's, but I think this procedure will be more effective for you.

Thanks, I will try the code you gave me. Thanks a lot.

Larry

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.