Dev-cpp 4.9.9.2
Windows 7

Hello I have been using my current version for quit a while and I restarted my computer today and now no matter what I try to compile I always get the return of:

Compiler: Default compiler
Executing  g++.exe...
g++.exe "C:\Users\Salica\Documents\Cpp\hello.cpp" -o "C:\Users\Salica\Documents\Cpp\hello.exe"    -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\include"  -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\backward"  -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\mingw32"  -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2"  -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include"   -L"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib" 
collect2: cannot find `ld'

Execution terminated

Any help would be apreciated

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by learner_new
Featured Replies

ld is the programme that links your object files together. It's either been deleted, or you're looking in the wrong place for it.

Edited by Moschops: n/a

No i just double checked and my linker is linking C:\Dev-Cpp\Bin like it is sappose to however i am still getting this same error any help?

Then whatever is trying to call ld is not looking in the right place. You could prove this by manually running the linker on your compiled object files.

I aint ganna lie. I have no clue how to attempt this I have read about it online but every time i attempt to i fail miserably.

I aint ganna lie. I have no clue how to attempt this I have read about it online but every time i attempt to i fail miserably.

I would delete the compiler/IDE and then reinstall it.

lol ok you tell me something better but give no examples.

Yea i will just reinstall i was hoping to refrain from doing that cuz its annoying to try and download the exe agian since i have it back at home.

and if you can give me an example of somthing better than i will take a look at it.

Edited by Rallici: n/a

Hi guys,
i am experiencing the same problem as @Rallici. I have followed the entire discussion, am working on code blocks. Initially there was no problem, then i linked libws2_32.a and even though it compiled for some time with no problem, but then it started giving me the error collect2: cannot find `ld'.
I have reinstalled codeblocks, ld.bfd.exe is present in mingw, however the problem persists.

PLease help. I am new to programming on windows,ubuntu was much more comfy.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.