Enderz 0 Newbie Poster

I am trying to learn C# and have an idea for an application. I am building a windows form application in C# that will
convert an area code from my Access database into the time zone that area code is located in. I have the database
connected to Visual Basic 2008 with a text box where the user will enter the Area Code and click a button that should
then retrieve the information from the database and display it on the form along with the time for that area code and
a message that says "do not call" or "ok to call" depending on the time (8 am to 6 pm). My problem is that I don't know
the correct way to make the application call the information from the database to display on the form in the correct labels

Here is what I got its not much...

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.Drawing;

namespace ZipCodeConverter
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {

public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }

private void areaCodeDataBaseTableBindingNavigatorSaveItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            this.Validate();
            this.areaCodeDataBaseTableBindingSource.EndEdit();
            this.tableAdapterManager.UpdateAll(this.areaCodeDataBaseDataSet);

}

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            // TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'areaCodeDataBaseDataSet.AreaCodeDataBaseTable' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
            this.areaCodeDataBaseTableTableAdapter.Fill(this.areaCodeDataBaseDataSet.AreaCodeDataBaseTable);
        }

private void DigitalClock_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Timer t = new Timer();
            t.Tick += new EventHandler(t_Tick);
            t.Interval = 1000;
            t.Enabled = true;
        }

public void t_Tick(Object Sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            label1.Text = DateTime.Now.ToLongTimeString();
        }

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)        
        {
        }
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.