Can anyone tell me where to find shell script tutorial

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

no real tutorials that i know of. you can always hit sun.com and look in the
admin resources for script examples. or pick up unix in a nutshell from borders or
amazon.
or you can just search google for shell or scripts and figure it out from the learn by
butcher method. there are other how-to and shell specific books for each type
out there to help get you going.

steal,
butcher,
script kiddie,
enjoy

Can anyone tell me where to find shell script tutorial

What type of language are you looking to learn? Heck, what OS are you looking to script?

There are so many different languages and possibilities, "shell scripting" becomes a pretty vague term. Let us know what you're wanting to accomplish, and we might be able to recommend something for you.

Ok guys, what if I want to do feed the script with a text file in order to find key words and compare between lines, either on windows or linux?

Thanx,
Rashed

on *IX:
man awk

Ok guys, what if I want to do feed the script with a text file in order to find key words and compare between lines, either on windows or linux?

Thanx,
Rashed

Please don't piggyback questions on other people's threads. When you do, you don't get the attention that you should get for your question.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.